Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Gonzales Cantata

I (Mary Thorne) sing the title role of Alberto Gonzales in The Gonzales Cantata on the Philadelphia Fringe Festival.

Miss America meets PDQ Bach on Capitol Hill in this choral work by Melissa Dunphy with a libretto taken directly from the Senate Judiciary Committee hearings of former Attorney General Alberto Gonzales. Thirty performers in concert present one of the most dramatic moments in modern US politics—with genders reversed.

Other singers include: Jessica Lennick as Patrick Leahy, Danya Katok as Arlen Specter, Julia Mintzer as Orrin Hatch.

Friday, September 4th, 7pm
Saturday, September 5th, 7pm
Sunday, September 6th, 2pm

The Rotunda, 4014 Walnut Street, Philadelphia

And find us on the Wall Street Journal Law Blog. That's me singing in the clip at the bottom!

1 comment:

Juli said...

Mary, this is AWESOME! And you sound fantastic. I wish I could make the performance! Any chance of a repeat at NYC Fringe?

...I see in the comments at WSJ that people have noticed the composer Melissa Dunphy is a hottie. I'm very tempted to comment "Yeah? Well check out Mary!"