Total Pageviews

Monday, April 7, 2008

From Erin in Paris..we miss her!!

Hey Gabby!

How’s everything going in New York? I just wanted to update you on my travels -
it's been a loonng month. I went to Normandy with my Dad for part of my spring
break and visited some cute fishing towns on the sea. For the second week of
break, I flew to South Africa to visit my boyfriend who is studying in
Johannesburg. It’s one of those trips that might be hard to top. We spent 6 days
in the city – I saw some museums and played with the kids at the AIDS orphanage
where he volunteers. Then for the last 3 days we took a trip to Kruger National
Park to see some wildlife. We took a sunset safari and saw lions, WITHIN
TOUCHING DISTANCE, as well as elephants, rhinos, zebras, hippos, and giraffes. I
have so many pictures, it’s ridiculous. I’ll be sure to bring them some Saturday
morning to show the team.

Tonight I treated myself to a class at the Cordon Bleu. It wasn’t a pastry
class, although I’m hoping to enroll in one of those before the semester ends.
But I learned how to make a sesame chicken salad and sea bass & shellfish in a
lemon cream sauce. It was magnificent but SO time consuming and the chances of
me ever recreating it in a tiny NY apartment are slim to none. This weekend I am
heading to Greece for 4 days of sightseeing and perhaps even a beach, which
would be a nice change from Paris weather....IT SNOWED here last night. Gross.

I checked your blog and am so jealous of all the races you guys are running in!
I hope the team is doing well and that it’s growing in size with the warm
weather on its way. I can’t wait to get back to the city and join in again. Let
everyone know I say hello and I’ll talk to you soon!

-Erin

No comments: