Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

32 weeks. Still running.

I swear I am not doing it just to show off. Well, maybe part of me is pretty proud of myself, but the other half just wants to not have to "get back in shape" after Baby Cheongstein is born. If I run till the bitter end, I'll already be in shape! Except for the abs, of course.

Am I insane? Obsessed? Selfish? I don't think so. Running is still keeping my mood up, not allowing me to gain more weight than is healthy, and Baby TBA seems to find it soothing! Plus my husband Anthony and I have a tradition of running together. We met running, we travel with Asics, and have already been eyeing the running strollers for the 6 month mark!

My belly is getting pretty large..kind of looks like the Human Torpedo. How does it not bounce around? It helps to be doing gentle ab work. I got these exercizes from a PT, and they have helped keep me from back pain, but also I can still feel my abs. The abs keep my baby from bouncing around. As best of all, hopefully the muscles will remember their purpose soon after birth.

Exercize 1: Sit in a firm chair with good straight posture. Breathe in fully, letting belly extend and relax. As you breathe out, pull your belly not quite fully in toward your spine. If 1 is relaxed belly and 6 is fully pulled in, go to 5 on an exhale, then hold it there for 30 seconds, breathing, but not relaxing the belly.

Exercize 2: Sit in a firm chair with good straight posture. Breathe in fully, letting belly extend and relax. As you breathe out, pull your belly not quite fully in toward your spine. If 1 is relaxed belly and 6 is fully pulled in, go to 5 on an exhale, then to 3 on an inhale. Counting out loud helps you remember to breathe..you will do 100, or work up to 100, 3 times a day!

Before I started doing these simple exercizes, I have terrible back pain, but now I never do. I highly recommend theses!

Anyway, that's my update. 7 1/2 weeks to go.

No comments: