Total Pageviews

Monday, August 13, 2007

My Run With SBR Club

I tried my first workout with SBR(swim/bike/run) clun which I joined to get discounts on all my tri gear. From the website, one would think there were all levels of runner(like JOE).. Icouldn't keep up with the leisurely pace of ANY of the runners, although my dull excuse is that i went for an hourlong bike ride beforehand... Luckily, one kindhearted woman took pity on me. It turned out that she'd already knocked out 14 and was looking for a cool down pace (which, incidentally winded me nonetheless).

Anna is a 26 year old diabetic Ultramarathon runner and Iron (wo)man! She won the knickerbocker 60k in Central Park last year. She is a goddess!

Lessons learned: I am not the badass I thought I was and need to have my ass kicked more often by better athletes, and that food tastes better after 2 hours of exercise than after 1 hour.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada.If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).