Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Grete's Great Gallop

Great race yesterday! Weather was perfect. A gorgeous fall day...until we got rained on a little.. 

3 Joe Teamsters ran the Great Gallop, moi, Kryssie Beneke, and Brigid Duffy, one, Tod Amato,  ran the 1.7 miler.

I actually have no complaints this time, although I usually don't enjoy 1/2 marathons. I ran as fast as I could (really due to time constraints), and felt pretty good about my pace at 8:45 mm. I think it may have been my second fastest half, my fastest being the Staten Island at 8:37mm, which I ran that fast because I just wanted it to be over.

It being only a month before the Marathon, I was just a tad anxious in that it was a little bit of a struggle and was only half of the actual battle. Well, next week will be my second 20-miler, the most important of the long runs. Then, it's all carbo-loading and rest.  Any Marathon advice from out there in the abyss of webland?



No comments: