Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Running Down Under

G'day mates,

I write this from Sydney where I have landed to run in the Sydney Morning Herald Half Marathon on Sunday May 17, 2009. My training in Sydney has so far consisted of a 10 mile leisurely run in Centennial Park on Monday and a shorter 6 mile run along the Brighton foreshore. Sydney is currently in the Fall season so the weather is similar in temperature to New York.

In search of good coffee, I went to Campos Coffee in Newtown, the best coffee house in Sydney. I walked into the store, looked on the shelf and what do I see? A Joe mug proudly on display. Wow. I knew I had come to the right place. I picked up some beans which they called "The Obama Blend" - great depth of character, strong, and eloquent. This very appealing blend unites coffees from Africa and the Americas to produce a cup which has gotten us excited. Formidable middle palate flavours, syrupy with an uplifting finish. Excellent drink for going forward.

Also I met up with fellow Joe runner, Marcel who recently moved back from New York and presented him with a new Team Joe running shirt.

More updates to come from Sydney and my training!

Anthony

No comments: