Total Pageviews

Monday, June 8, 2009

Hello Hills!

While Gabbs was out in the Land of Cleve, I skipped the morning Joe on Saturday and attacked a few 'real' hills in the Palisades with a runningmate. I can recommend the Henry Hudson Drive under and north of the GW Bridge on the Joysey side if you're looking for a good quad burn. Took it easy pacewise, but was a good 10 mile out-and-back, hilly workout.

Last weekend, the Keyspan carpark on Coney Island was jam packed with runners. Today, it was jam packed with cyclists for the 5th annual Tour de Brooklyn. A great event in concept, but way too slow a paced spin on the day. Got me out early doors on a Sunday though (with the benefit of a ride over an almost empty Brooklyn Bridge at 7 AM) and having pedalled south to the start, I ended up with a 60-mile day. Somehow, fellow Joe Runner Kurt spotted me to say hello through the mad crush at Prospect Park:

No comments: