Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Summer lovin' and Summer streets


Summer time - gotta love New York City during summer - sure, the Hamptons, Fire Island or the Jersey Shore are fun, but if you happen to be in the city during the weekends, make the most of it and enjoy everything the city has to offer during summer time.

Yesterday, as part of my half marathon training, I thought why not take to Summer Streets and run up Park Avenue - so I did just that. Running along Lafayette in Soho up to join Park at Union Square and then up to about 60th St before doing a u-turn and heading back and eventually ending up at Joe Waverly for a refreshing and soothing iced skim latte. It was great to run places typically reserved for cars only, like up and the ramps around Grand Central. Incidentally, I forgot to charge my iPod, so all I had was the city and Park Avenue to keep me entertained. It was such a great atmosphere - cyclists, runners, walkers, tourists out along Park Avenue - water stations, mini tennis courts, bike repair stands, free roller blading as well. A hotel along the route even had its own water station out.

Summer Streets is on for the next 2 Saturdays (15th and 22nd) between 7am and 1pm. Get out and enjoy it.

No comments: