Total Pageviews

Monday, April 13, 2009

Scotland 10K

Scotland brought it's weather here to NYC just in time for the race Saturday. I know April showers bring May flowers, and I am so glad for those flowers, believe me, but the freezing cold down-pouring mess that was the race Saturday made me dream of deserts. There were 7603 people crowded into the park, all wearing blue freebie ponchos, huddling for warmth and silent as a tomb. In fact, it was the quietest of races. Just the squishsquishsquish of little wet Sauconys, Adidas, and Asics.

Our group that went up together parted ways immediately, each to wallow/run alone and as quickly as s/he could.

Check our times in the link above. Go to Latest Results and look under JTC. Fast running! Kurt? You ran fast! I don't even know if we've met! I don't believe you regularly come to our Saturday runs, but I thank you from the bottom of my still-soggy Sauconys for running a 7 minute mile for Team Joe! Anthony, 8:24! That's fast, mate!

Next Sunday is the Run As One 4 Miler. Registration is open and it's a Qualifier. See you there.

No comments: