Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Ouch

I ran 10.5 miles with Gabby and Ani on Sunday in the park and suffered a major nipple bleed, despite putting lubricant on them. I had to run the last 20 mins holding my shirt so that it wouldn't come into contact with my nipples anymore. It was a bloodbath. Not to mention the excruciating pain in the shower.

For those of you unfamiliar with the nipple bleed, it can occur because of the constant rubbing of the running shirt over your nipples when you run. Women don't really have this problem as they generally wear a sports bra which effectively protects them against nipple chafing. Usually on short runs there is no problem at all. However, over longer distances, the constant rubbing can result in your nipples bleeding. Runners use bandaids, vaseline, bodyglide, nipguards to help prevent nipple bleeding.

Why am I putting myself through all this? Just to eat?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha, tmi, Anthony!